Do you know why you still run to the local grocery store near you or to some ABC cloth shop that is about 7-8 miles away from your home despite the fact that there are awesome money-saving deals if you just shop online? The reasons could probably be:
- The grocery owner/sales reprehensive at ABC know you
- You could chat up a bit and get to know what is new in the store
- You might end up getting an extra discount or some loyalty points every time you shop there
- They probably have an idea of what you are looking to buy and which brands you prefer based on your past shopping experience
- They know exactly where what is in the store and we don’t have to waste time searching for it
Did you notice something in all these points? No matter what you are reasons are, it all points to one major factor and that is nothing but the level of personalized shopping experience you receive when shopping at the store when compared to shopping online. This is something that all Digital Marketers should consider the next time they plan a digital marketing campaign. Increase the sales, either in the form of cash or truly coin, by being or providing a personal shopper for each of your customers. The reasons why it is compelling to do so are because:
- You are building a digital relationship through online communication and digital shopping experiences.
- You are beginning to capture personal details and personalize their shopping experience for them.
- You need to start accepting the fact that customer expectations have changed. They want what they wish else, they do not mind going somewhere else where it is provided. Hence, provide as per changing expectations.
- Overall, your investment in the relationship with your customers is equal to the investments made for the business. Personalization is good business.